Reflecting on my 2023

Reflecting on my 2023


Reflecting on 2023, it was a year filled with both sorrow and clarity. The year began on a high note, with everything falling into place and momentum at its peak. I made it a point to record daily videos and keep all my channels up to date, which lasted for quite some time. However, the joy was short-lived when I tragically lost my beloved dog, Gamilah.


Loss and grief have a way of teaching us valuable lessons. It's a choice we have to make - either accept and surrender in order to receive the wisdom they offer, or deny and resist, prolonging our suffering. In the midst of the heartbreak of losing Gamilah, I found the clarity I had wished for in 2023. It was a bittersweet realization, but one that I embraced and allowed to shape my growth.


Every loss in life serves as a reminder to cherish and love the present moment, for it may be our last. 2023 taught me the importance of patience and self-observation during difficult times. When faced with pain, our instinct is to make it disappear as quickly as possible. But sometimes, we must accept what we cannot change in order to let go and find peace.


Gamilah's loss coincided with my father's visit, adding another layer of challenge to the year. My father had been diagnosed with Alzheimer's three years ago, and caring for him required extra effort. It was difficult to hold back tears, knowing that he wouldn't remember Gamilah's passing. But I remained patient and focused on the present, understanding that what truly matters is the time we have with our loved ones who are still here. We can't bring back those who have left us, but we can always remember them and find solace in the memories.


After my father returned to Cairo, my brother Khaled and I decided to make some changes in the house. The unresolved anger and resentment stemming from Gamilah's death pushed us to take apart the old sofas and build new ones. It was a cathartic experience, and we enlisted the help of a professional to ensure everything was done right.


As the year drew to a close, we began preparing for our trip to Mexico to attend a friend's wedding party. The anticipation and excitement were palpable, adding a touch of joy to an otherwise challenging year. 

In 2023, I had asked for clarity, and I received it to the extent that I could handle. We often make promises and declarations without truly knowing what lies ahead. Living with this understanding, it becomes crucial to remember a few things:


Firstly, never make promises of eternal love and devotion, as hearts can change unexpectedly.


Secondly, we enter this world alone, and we will depart from it alone. Therefore, it is essential to cultivate resilience and acceptance, knowing that everything in life is transient.


Lastly, actions speak louder than words. Instead of merely talking about change, be open and receptive to it.


So, as I move forward, I embrace the uncertainties and changes that life brings, knowing that they are an integral part of the journey. Happy New Year to you all. See you tomorrow people Let's countdown 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 Happpppppy new year 💚😉

Comments

Popular Posts