Love Without Compromise: Why I Haven't Settled Down

 


My friend recently asked me why I haven't gotten married, and this question has been occupying my thoughts for quite some time. I've pondered over various factors that may have contributed to my decision.


At first, I considered childhood traumas as a possible reason. Then, I reflected on my experiences with love, which made me despise the idea of commitment. Additionally, the fear of losing control and freedom played a role in my hesitation.


However, after much contemplation, I realized that the main reason I haven't married is because I haven't found a man who would wholeheartedly support me without any ulterior motives. I haven't met someone who would accept me for who I am, without trying to change my thoughts or way of life. I haven't encountered a man who would defend innocent animals and stand up against cruelty. I haven't found a partner who would explore the world with me, walk our dogs every day, and share in the responsibility of caring for animals. I long for a man who would make me a cup of coffee while I indulge in a good book or cuddle with my cats. I desire a humble, kind, tender, and incredibly strong man who loves me unconditionally, not for who he wants me to be, but for who I truly am.


That's why I haven't pursued marriage.


It's crucial to know what you want and deserve in life, and never settle for anything less. I have no regrets about not conforming to societal expectations of marriage and a conventional life. It simply isn't for everyone.


Instead, I choose to focus on myself and become the person I aspire to be. Once I am content and fulfilled with my own journey, I am confident that I will meet my perfect match, even if it happens when I'm 60 or 70 years old. Age is irrelevant when it comes to finding true love. As a perfectionist, I refuse to settle for anything less than perfection. If it doesn't come my way, then "C’est la vie," and I will have no regrets.


Always remember to never compromise or sacrifice your desires for something you truly want.


Goodnight, everyone.

Comments

Popular Posts