Openness




Lately, I've been pondering the concept of openness. It's fascinating to observe how people confidently declare that they will never do certain things or allow certain situations to happen again. They claim to have discovered the truth and are now fully aware. But are they really? 


From my own life experiences, I've learned that openness is crucial. It serves as the key to navigating through difficult times, knowing that they will eventually come to an end. And during the good times, it allows us to fully immerse ourselves in happiness, savoring every moment. 


Knowing that the possibilities are infinite makes everything a little easier. It boosts our resilience and opens our minds and souls to receiving. 


I vividly remember a terrifying incident that occurred a year ago. I was attacked by a man who seemed to be under the influence of drugs. We fought, and at one point, I genuinely believed that I would die alone in the desert. It was one of the scariest minutes of my life, catching me completely off guard. For a while, I lived in fear and couldn't bear to be alone or do anything independently. Thankfully, I had a support system of friends and family who I believed had my back. But when I lost my beloved dog, Gamilah, they weren't there for me. It was a painful realization, but I chose not to dwell on it. People's priorities change, and I remained open to accepting that. It was a lesson that needed to happen, preparing me for the next stage of personal growth. 


In the end, it's openness that allows us to grow. Only we can truly understand our own emotions and perceptions. So, let's be kind to ourselves and embrace the beautiful gift of openness.

Comments

Popular Posts