Singular Explorer: A Voyage of Self-Exploration Through Walking

Walking is an essential part of my daily routine, and I make sure to dedicate around two hours to it every day. Normally, I enjoy walking in the desert with my dogs, but when that's not possible, I take them for a stroll on the streets. However, this can be quite challenging as I have to manage walking them on a leash and also interact with people along the way.

To me, walking holds immense significance. It's a time when I can solely focus on my breathing and nothing else. I find immense beauty in observing the play of light and shadow on the mountains and dunes. This experience makes me truly appreciate the opportunity I have been given.

Walking is not just a simple activity; it holds a spiritual aspect as well. It has the power to calm and clear the mind, releasing any frustration, anxiety, or overthinking. Walking stimulates the release of endorphins, which are natural mood-lifting chemicals in the brain.

Moreover, walking is a low-impact form of exercise that can boost energy levels and overall vitality. It improves circulation, increases oxygen supply to the body and brain, and promotes a sense of vigor and vitality.

For me, walking is also a way to connect with something greater than myself. Whether it's walking in nature, visiting sacred sites, or engaging in walking meditations, it provides a sense of transcendence, peace, and reverence.


Walking allows me to prioritize my well-being, dedicate time to myself, and engage in introspection. When I walk alone, I can disconnect from external distractions and connect with my inner self.

Last year, during my time in Bali, I had the opportunity to walk for more than five to six hours daily. It was an incredible experience as I could notice intricate details and stop by places that I wouldn't have even noticed if I were on a scooter or in a car. I couldn't resist stopping by the coconut ice-cream shop every time I came across one!

Therefore, it is crucial to make walking a routine, preferably in a peaceful location away from the crowd. This way, you can enjoy the beauty around you, breathe in fresh air, and feel better or even great.

So, keep walking, keep smiling, and have a goodnight! 

Comments

Popular Posts