The food & I

 

Ashram Gandhi


Food has always been a challenge for me. Deciding what to eat, how much to eat, and when to eat can be overwhelming. That's why I've decided to take on the intermittent fasting challenge once again.


But before I begin, I want to give my cells a break and allow them to cleanse themselves. That's why I'm planning to do a 72-hour water fast. It's important to reset our eating habits and be more conscious of what we put into our bodies.


Often, we eat without even thinking about it. We eat when we're hungry and don't really consider the choices we make. Our bodies simply crave food, and we give in. But it's time to change that. We need to appreciate and respect our bodies by fueling them with nutritious food, rather than junk and unhealthy options.


Eating can also become an addiction or a way to cope with stress. By practicing conscious eating, we can regain control over our food choices and improve our gut and mental health.


What we eat not only affects us physically, but also emotionally. For example, consuming excessive amounts of sugar may temporarily make us happy, but when our sugar levels drop, we feel down and crave more sugar. This addiction can harm our pancreas, lead to weight gain, and negatively impact our overall well-being.


This is just one example of how our food choices can harm our bodies. Animal protein, dairy, carbs, canned food, and processed food all have their own negative effects. By adopting healthier eating habits, we can increase our energy levels, improve mental clarity, and reduce inflammation, thus preventing diseases and pain.


So, I've decided to start with a 3-day water fast to eliminate all the junk from my cells. After that, I'll begin my daily intermittent fasting routine. The benefits of fasting are numerous, including weight loss, improved insulin sensitivity, enhanced cellular repair, reduced inflammation, potential cognitive benefits, and simplified meal planning.


I'm excited to give my body the treatment it deserves, and I look forward to the positive changes that lie ahead.


Goodnight everybody.

Comments

Popular Posts