Thrilling Travel Preparations: From Checklists to Cherished Adventures

 


Travel preparations can be incredibly exciting! Today, I had a delightful conversation with a friend who will be traveling soon. As a mom, it's her first time being away from her family, so we discussed meal planning, duties, and chores. 


Personally, I have a routine when it comes to preparing for trips. I make food for my brother, Khaled, and store it in the freezer with labels. Additionally, I cook large quantities of food for our pets and freeze them as well. 


Around two weeks before my trip, I start jotting down my daily routine. From there, I create a checklist that includes my daily tasks and other chores that need to be done every three to four days. These checklists are then placed on the fridge, serving as a guide for Khaled during my absence. The beauty of this system is that he doesn't have to remember anything since it's all written down. Once a task is completed, he simply ticks it off. It's important not to burden our minds with trivial information that can easily be written on paper.


I also like to plan for Khaled's comfort while I'm away, especially since we have a number of animals here. Creating a relaxed environment for me to come back to after a wonderful holiday is like the cherry on top of a cake.


During the two weeks leading up to my trip, I also make my own list. This includes items I need to pack, things I want to do, and places I want to visit once I arrive. With each item on the list, I check it off once it's packed or completed.


I've found that lists and calendar reminders are absolutely essential for making life easier and freeing up mental space. For example, we now have a watering system for the garden. I simply need to turn it on and set a timer. When the time comes, it beeps, and I turn it off. It takes no more than two minutes of my time, and it's absolutely awesome.


Applying this approach to every aspect of your daily routine will undoubtedly make your life a lot easier. I promise!


This month, I'll be busy helping my friend organize her travels and getting my own plans in order. It's an exciting time, and I can't wait for the adventures that await. Goodnight!





Comments

Popular Posts