2 days old.



Today didn't go as planned, but I had to accept it and move on. A few days ago, one of the street cats decided to have her babies in our garden. They were absolutely adorable - one was orange and the other was black and white.


Last night, the wind was blowing fiercely, causing the trees to sway and dance. The crows were cawing loudly, creating an eerie atmosphere. The fear in the air was palpable, affecting all the animals around.


The dogs in the neighborhood were barking incessantly, making it impossible for me to sleep until 2:00 am. I finally woke up at 7:15 and took the dogs for their morning walk. When we returned, I started feeding all the animals. That's when I heard the mama cat meowing loudly. Worried, I rushed to check on the kittens, only to find that they were gone. I couldn't understand how or when it happened, but anxiety started creeping in. I spent some time searching every nook and cranny, moving the cat beds and rearranging things, but they were nowhere to be found.


The only thing on my mind today was the crying cat and what might have happened to her babies. I couldn't shake off the feeling of unease. I kept thinking about how she must be feeling and how I could comfort her, even though I doubted the kittens were anywhere else.


To distract myself, I busied myself with household chores. However, I would occasionally go and offer some comfort to the mama cat, gently touching her nose and assuring her that everything would be alright.


I felt a slight sense of relief when she started eating and stopped crying. Sometimes, we have to embrace the sadness that comes with certain days and be kind to ourselves. We shouldn't beat ourselves up over things we can't control.


Tonight, my only intention is to get a good night's sleep. My heart, soul, and body are in need of some rest.


Goodnight, everyone.

Comments

Popular Posts