My dear Babka

 


One fine morning I woke up with a craving for chocolate bread. Determined to find the perfect recipe, I embarked on a quest, spending several days searching for the one that suited my taste. After making a few adjustments to make it vegan-friendly, I finally found the one that stole my heart.


Being someone who doesn't fancy eggs or milk, I was thrilled to dive into the world of vegan baking. So, on that particular morning, I decided it was time to bring my chocolate bread dreams to life. I turned on some delightful morning jazz music, creating a relaxing and joyful atmosphere in my warm kitchen. As I gathered all the necessary ingredients to make the dough, I could already feel the excitement building up inside me. And when the dough came together, it was soft and simply beautiful.


I left the dough on top of the oven, allowing it to rise gracefully. After an hour, I transferred it to the fridge, where it would continue to rise overnight. The next morning, I eagerly prepared the luscious chocolate sauce that would be generously spread over the soft dough. I chopped the chocolate and placed it in a pot with butter, sprinkling in some cinnamon, cocoa powder, and a touch of sugar. As I turned on the stove and began stirring, the aroma of melting chocolate filled the air, tempting my senses.


Before diving into the chocolate sauce, I took the dough out of the fridge, allowing it to reach room temperature. Now came the fun part – rolling out the dough and spreading the delectable sauce all over it. It was a truly satisfying experience. I then sprinkled chocolate chips and pecans onto the dough before carefully rolling it up. This step required a bit of finesse, so I recommend watching a video on how to braid this soft dough if you decide to give it a try.


Finally, I baked the babka, and the entire house was enveloped in the irresistible scent of chocolate, fresh dough, and cinnamon. Can you imagine anything more heavenly? That was my delightful day with babka. 


Wishing everyone a goodnight.



Comments

Popular Posts