I am 44 today :)



Let's get started! In just 45 minutes, according to Bali time, I will be celebrating my 44th birthday on this beautiful planet we call Earth. Over the years, I have gained a wealth of knowledge and experiences, but there is still so much more to learn if God allow me to continue my journey.

One valuable lesson I've learned recently is to not have expectations and simply let things unfold naturally. I had planned to embark on a long hike to the peak of Mount Batur, where I could witness the breathtaking sunrise. However, due to the stress and tension I carried from the planning process, my legs and shoulders began to ache. Unfortunately, this meant no hiking and no sunrise from the mountain. Initially, I felt a tinge of sadness and frustration, but today, during my Qigong class, my teacher reminded me that true happiness comes from within.


Another important lesson I've learned is that we cannot make others happy. Happiness is a personal choice, and it is up to each individual to find their own joy. In order to take care of ourselves, I treated myself to a full body massage and acupuncture session. It is essential to nourish our bodies and minds because if we don't prioritize our well-being, nobody else will.


During my Qigong class today, I encountered a lady who was struggling with setting boundaries with a close female friend. We engaged in exercises to support her, and unexpectedly, tears were shed. It was a powerful moment of growth and understanding.


So, as I reflect on this day, I want to remind myself that I love and accept who I am. I see and hear myself, and I promise to be kind to myself to the best of my abilities. 


Goodnight to all, and remember to show kindness not only to others but also to yourselves.

 

Comments

Popular Posts