My Flashbacks.

 

Flashbacks are like time machines that transport us back to a specific moment in our past, whether we want to go there or not. They can be incredibly vivid and intense, almost as if we are reliving the original event all over again. While we often associate flashbacks with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), they can actually happen in various situations.


These involuntary memories or experiences are usually triggered by reminders of the traumatic event. It could be something we see, hear, smell, or even certain thoughts or emotions that bring us back to that moment. And when that trigger is encountered, it's like a sudden rush that takes us back in time, flooding us with intense emotions and physical sensations.


During a flashback, it can be incredibly challenging to distinguish between what is happening in the present and what happened in the past. We might feel as if we are physically present in the current moment, but our minds and hearts are trapped in the original situation. This can be distressing and overwhelming, often leading to feelings of fear, anxiety, or helplessness.


But there are ways to cope with these flashbacks. One approach is to acknowledge their presence and focus on our breath. By paying attention to our breath depth, we can ground ourselves in the present moment and create a sense of calm. Personally, I've been working on this technique myself, observing when the flashbacks occur and trying to identify their triggers. Sometimes I succeed in finding the trigger, and other times I don't. But when I do, I take a deep breath in and set my intention to let go, even if just for the time being. It's a step-by-step process, and I'm hopeful that with time, these flashbacks will eventually fade away.


Well, it's time for me to bid you all goodnight. Take care, everyone.

Comments

Popular Posts