Step back




Sometimes, it's important to take a step back and let others acknowledge the effort you put in and the things you do for them. Being taken for granted is not a pleasant experience, so it's crucial to prioritize self-care before reaching a point of burnout.


Long walks have a way of bringing unresolved issues to the surface, forcing you to confront them head-on. You can either choose to suppress these issues or address them directly.



Today, I encountered a few obstacles that made me uncomfortable. Although I haven't dealt with them yet, I'm determined not to suppress them. 


Emotionally drained, I find solace sitting on my balcony by the pool, surrounded by the soothing sounds of water, geckos, and an unidentified insect. I've ordered some food and started watching a movie while eating, a comforting ritual I engage in to quiet the voices in my head. This way, any actions I take will come from a place of wisdom rather than sadness or anger.


However, earlier today, Khaled and I had a fantastic time. We embarked on a quad bike tour through the jungle, riding along the river and even under a waterfall. Some parts were incredibly intense and scary, with steep cliffs on our right-hand side that seemed to have no end. Despite the fear, we shared a good laugh.


The day may not have ended on the same high note, but I'm about to head to bed, knowing that tomorrow is a fresh start.


Goodnight, everyone.

Comments

Popular Posts