A Drive Through Memory Lane.

 


Driving through Cairo evoked a sense of nostalgia and joy in my heart. The bustling streets and the preparations for Ramadan brought back memories of our youth. Simply being on the same streets where we grew up filled me with the same happiness I felt back then.


My sister, Amira, and I decided to visit AL Hussien Mosque, a place where I always find peace of mind and heart. We paid our respects at the grave of Al Hussien and offered prayers for our family, both living and departed. As we were there, we witnessed a woman singing Tawashih and others finding solace in their tears, seeking blessings from God. After our visit, we left the mosque, feeling a sense of tranquility.


We took a leisurely stroll through the vibrant streets of Khan EL Khalily, known for its colorful atmosphere. We purchased some incense sticks and dried fruit, which we would later use to make a refreshing Ramadan drink during Iftar. Despite the crowds and the hustle and bustle, I thoroughly enjoyed the walk. The sights, smells of herbs and incense sticks, and the overall ambiance were truly stimulating.


Once we finished our walk, we hailed a taxi to return to our car parked at EL Tahrir garage. On the way, my sister suggested visiting Dokki, the area where our grandmother, Ihsan, used to live. It was a nostalgic trip down memory lane, filled with cherished childhood memories.


Upon arriving home, I prepared Pad Thai for my family, as per my mother's request. In the evening, we met up with one of my oldest friends from Cairo and had a wonderful time catching up. Later, we met with other friends, sharing laughter and creating more beautiful memories. As midnight approached, we returned home, prepared our first Suhur, and enjoyed the meal with my siblings. A smile adorned my face, content with the day's events.


Throughout the day, I received messages from a dear friend who decided to try fasting this year. We shared thoughts and ideas about fasting, Ramadan, and the deeper meaning behind it all. It was a day filled with love and spiritual connection.


To all those observing Ramadan, I wish you a month filled with fulfillment, spiritual growth, and understanding. Happy Ramadan, everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts