My mind gone silent.


My mind is always racing, filled with countless thoughts, responsibilities, and plans. It's no wonder that when my mind is in overdrive, I feel exhausted and struggle to get a good night's sleep.


For me, it's not about the length of time I sleep, but rather the depth of my slumber. As long as I can achieve a deep sleep, I couldn't care less about the number of hours. And of course, this deep sleep must happen during the night; morning snoozes just don't do the trick for me.



Recently, I've come across a few individuals who have peculiar sleeping habits or suffer from insomnia. It's fascinating to see how their lack of sleep affects their behavior and overall attitude.


Sleeping at night is crucial for providing our brains and bodies with the rest and rejuvenation our cells desperately need. The tranquility and darkness of the night enhance the quality of our sleep, and the better the quality, the less sleep we actually require.


Our brain is like a computer, and the way we treat it determines how we live our lives. It's essential to be mindful of what we're doing to our nervous system, as it sets off a chain reaction that affects our mood, productivity, and physical health.


Sleeping in the morning deprives our bodies of essential vitamin D, which plays a significant role in our mood, mental health, bone health, and even cholesterol levels. It also affects our muscle function and hormone balance, something I recently discovered.


These thoughts about sleep crossed my mind after a wonderfully relaxing Tibetan bowl class with one of my Qigong teachers. Now, it's time for me to head off to bed. Goodnight, everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts