Until we meet again my Little boy.

 


It was time to say goodbye, but I prefer to say "until we meet again" because I truly believe I will see my beautiful innocent animals once more.


Little boy was only 11 years old, when I first got him at two months old. He was a healthy, active, and strong dog. Unfortunately, he was poisoned on the morning of March 20th, 2024, and passed away on March 22nd. I'm not sure of the exact time as he was in an induced coma, and his heart gave out sometime during the night.


Most people don't understand the true pain of losing a pet. Let me tell you, it's even more agonizing than losing a human, for various reasons. Firstly, animals are vulnerable and cannot communicate their wants or feelings to us directly. We can only assume and rely on an unspoken connection.


The reason we ended up rescuing so many dogs and eventually had 11 of them was because of our dog Diego. He was poisoned in July 2013, and it triggered a strong reaction in me. I fell into a deep depression and started collecting dogs that I saw needed help. Little boy was one of the dogs rescued by Diego and Liza. They were my old Gang of Paws, and now they are reunited once again on the other side.


In third world countries, people commit shameful acts towards animals. In Muslim countries, some Muslims carry out despicable actions towards street animals based on religious beliefs, such as considering dogs as dirty. Let me clarify, I am a Muslim myself, but I have taken the time to understand and choose my own beliefs. During my trip to Indonesia this year, we first went to Bali, and I didn't witness anything disturbing except for the slaughter of two pigs. However, dogs and cats roam the streets freely without anyone harming them.


Then we went to Yogyakarta, a Muslim island, and to my surprise, there were no street dogs. When I asked someone about it, they explained that they had gotten rid of them because they were considered dirty. It was truly shocking to hear.


Little boy, I don't know what else to say except that I'm sorry you had to go through this, and I couldn't help you overcome it. I loved you deeply, and that love will remain with me forever because you are incredibly special to me.

Until we meet again.

Comments

Popular Posts