Community of solitude.


I've been thinking about the concept of being a loner lately, and how it's often seen as a negative thing. But the truth is, I thrive when I'm alone. Most of the people in my life are also loners, so we've kind of formed our own unspoken community of solitude. We all value our time, our space, and our privacy, and that's perfectly okay.


Recently, I watched a fascinating documentary about the five blue zones where people live to be 100+ years old. What stood out to me was that the common factor among these communities was socializing and staying active.


This made me realize the importance of having a support system and creating spaces where people can come together to cook, listen to music, and dance. Building that sense of trust and security allows individuals to feel safe and cared for, which is something I deeply appreciate about the cultures in the Middle East and the Far East.


As a self-proclaimed loner, I've come to appreciate the moments when I connect with like-minded individuals or even strike up conversations with strangers at the supermarket or a café. Stepping out of my comfort zone every now and then has shown me the beauty of opening up to new experiences and possibilities.


So, to all my fellow loners out there, I encourage you to take a chance, be open to meeting new people, and embrace the unknown. The rewards of stepping outside of your comfort zone can be truly fulfilling.

Comments

Popular Posts