From Bali to Yogyakarta


Leaving Bali is always a difficult transition for me, both mentally and emotionally. Moving to another island for exploration was alright, but arriving at a place that claimed to be wheelchair accessible and finding out that it wasn't was incredibly frustrating. The city we're in now is bustling with traffic and people who seem to be constantly angry. It's a far cry from the magical tranquility of Ubud where I always felt at ease. However, I'm trying to find the silver lining and discover ways to bring joy into this new environment.


Yesterday, I put so much pressure on myself that it caused me to have an emotional breakdown. Looking back, I should have listened to my intuition and refused to leave Bali when I didn't want to. When we go against our own instincts, we lose our sense of alignment and balance.


If there's one thing I've learned from yesterday, it's to always follow the voice of my heart. After we moved to a place with proper wheelchair access, I finally found some peace and was able to get a good night's sleep. It's disheartening to see that in a world where we talk about human rights and being considerate of others, there are still so many places that don't provide proper accessibility for wheelchair users. I'm determined to expose every property or establishment that falsely claims to be wheelchair accessible, including airlines that don't have wheelchair cabins and restaurants marked as accessible on Google Maps.


If we truly want to leave the world in a better place, we need to shift our focus away from ourselves and our own needs, and start considering the challenges faced by those with physical disabilities who also deserve to enjoy and explore. So, while I navigate through the frustrations and emotions of this world, I'll continue to advocate for change.


Take care, everyone.

Comments

Popular Posts