The social introvert




One of the aspects I absolutely adore about traveling is the opportunity to meet new people. It's not always about meeting them again, but rather the genuine connections that are formed. These encounters often come from the heart, unaffected by any ulterior motives or expectations. It's understood from the beginning that these connections are temporary, but that doesn't diminish their significance. 


During holidays, there's a certain freedom that allows us to be our authentic selves without any pretense or desire to impress others. We can simply be who we are, and others can either accept us or move on without any strings attached.


But shouldn't this be the norm? Why do we feel the need to wear masks and act differently in our everyday lives? Why is it easier to be open with strangers than with the people closest to us? What is it in our brains that triggers our self-defense mechanisms?


What are we protecting and what are we hiding? Are we ashamed of our vulnerability? These questions flood my mind after meeting some of Mike's friends and engaging in deep, meaningful conversations. Once I return home, I find myself raising my shield and retreating to my safe zone. Perhaps it's a fear of getting hurt, trust issues, or simply not finding those with whom we can truly connect and spend quality time.


I have no answers yet, but it's an area I need to explore and understand. I must figure out where the issue lies and work through it.


However, I must mention that I had an incredible time with Kaya, my favorite child in Ubud, and her mother Sasha. We shared so much laughter and had an absolute blast together.


This is one of the things I miss when I'm back home – those spontaneous hangouts with wonderful people, a community where gossip flows freely, and individuals who are genuinely open-hearted.


But for now, I will continue to embrace and enjoy every moment that comes my way. I'm off to my yoga class now, cherishing the remaining two days in this heavenly place before returning home to my beloved babies, whom I miss dearly.


I'll catch up with you later. Have a beautiful day, and remember to keep your heart open to receive all the goodness life has to offer.

Comments

Popular Posts