"I am out of your league"



In a world where some men equate masculinity with being a "real man," women often face challenges in finding men who truly understand what it means to embody masculinity. They struggle to find men who possess the qualities of a true man, know how to treat women, and understand their role in life and relationships.

Today, we were assisting a friend of Khaled's who had lost her wallet, along with her money and identification, while she was on holiday with her children. We spent a significant amount of time waiting for the police to arrive, and together we reviewed surveillance footage, but unfortunately, we had no luck in finding the lost items.

During our interactions with the police officers, we had a few brief conversations. The first officer remarked, "Are you always in the middle of problems?" to which I responded, "Yes, as long as you haven't caught the man who attacked me two years ago."

I also mentioned to them that I wanted to obtain a gun permit for self-defense. One of the officers replied, questioning how I would qualify for a permit. I explained that I own property and have a company, but he informed me that those factors alone would not be sufficient. Then, the other officer asked if I were married, and when I replied that I was not, he responded, "Then I know how to grant you a permit." I couldn't help but think, seriously? Is this what they believe?

It seems that these types of men believe that women would be eager to align themselves with their perceived power, simply because they hold positions in the government. However, just as not all men are the same, not all women are interested in that kind of power.

This interaction made me reflect on how much I love and respect myself. I am aware of the beliefs and values I hold, and I know where I stand. I am clear about what I want and what I will never accept. This realization has brought me a great sense of satisfaction and empowerment.

Goodnight, everyone.



 

Comments

Popular Posts