It was raining and I was scared.


Today, the clock changed to summertime, bringing longer days and shorter nights. It was quite strange because on the first day of summertime, it was cloudy, raining, and there was even a sandstorm. Despite the weather, I decided to take my dogs out for a walk. Initially, it wasn't too bad, but as we descended into the valley, the wind picked up and the sky turned a gloomy shade of gray. Suddenly, plastic bags started swirling in the air, dancing with the wind. Thankfully, I had my sunglasses, a thoughtful gift from a friend designed for desert conditions, to protect my eyes from the sand and wind. Even though it was already dark, I had no choice but to put them on and keep my eyes open.


Feeling a sense of unease, I decided to share my location with my brother. I couldn't quite explain why, but I just felt a bit scared. He offered to chat, but I declined, wanting to focus on the dogs as they were chasing a fox. Eventually, they all returned, with the fox following closely behind. She was a mother fox, trying to divert my dogs' attention away from her cubs. Her sharp and loud cries caught the attention of my dogs, and I actually appreciated it because the fox was incredibly fast, making it impossible for my dogs to catch her. However, they still ran and expended their energy, which kept them fit.


Once I gathered all the dogs and put them back on their leashes, we headed home. As we arrived, thunder rumbled in the distance, accompanied by flashes of lightning. My dogs seemed a bit worried by the thunder, but their anxiety didn't last long. The rain started to pour, and strangely enough, I began to feel better. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that Bella and I visited the vet today. Her tumor had grown quite large, causing a blockage in her rectum. She hadn't been able to poop for three days, but the vet administered cortisone and a laxative, which provided relief. On the way home, Bella finally managed to relieve herself, and it felt like a heavy weight had been lifted off my chest.


So, that was my day. I started with work in the morning, followed by some gardening and house cleaning. Then came the vet visit, a walk with the dogs, and I even tried a new recipe for dinner, which turned out to be a hit. Now, I'm taking a moment to write before heading to bed.

Goodnight, everyone.

Comments

Popular Posts