The unconditional trust

 


I've been thinking about trust and respect for the past few days and trying to shape the concept and outline of these ideas. When do we decide to trust someone and why? When do we feel respected or disrespected, and how do we measure it?


I've come to see trust and respect as intertwined. In my view, if someone respects you, trust naturally follows. So what is respect? To me, respect means valuing someone's mind, emotions, actions, and personal space. When someone respects me, I trust what they share with me, their feelings towards me, and the words they say.


This train of thought started when someone mentioned "unconditional love" to me. I couldn't help but wonder if people genuinely believe in such a thing. Every single relationship on this planet is conditioned, even the most sophisticated ones are built on give and take.


Then I asked myself, what is the one thing I give unconditionally? And my answer was trust. I give trust without a second thought until someone proves me wrong. Once that trust is broken, it's gone completely. Trust goes hand in hand with respect.


I'm not talking about sharing secrets or life details; I'm talking about trusting someone with my mind, heart, and soul. If someone I trust manipulates their actions to appear as something else, claiming it's for a higher purpose or hiding behind fake principles or wisdom, I turn the page and let go of that person.


If we, as humans, can't confront our flaws and understand why we engage in negative behaviors, then we don't deserve trust or respect.


When I had these thoughts, I felt a bit conflicted, but I realized that I have high standards, and I'm unwilling to compromise. I'm known for my integrity and credibility, for respecting my word, taking responsibility for my mistakes, and admitting them.


So, to me, there's no such thing as unconditional love, but there is unconditional trust that comes with respect.


Goodnight, everyone.


Comments

Popular Posts