Encounter with someone I used to know

I recently realized that some of us get stuck in anger or stubbornness, refusing to let go of our decisions even if we know they might be wrong. It's like admitting defeat is not an option. 


I recently experienced a disconnect with someone I deeply cared about. When I tried to express how their reaction made me feel, they became defensive, and their voice grew louder. I reassured them that I wasn't attacking, just sharing my feelings. 


But let's not dwell on that situation. Sometimes, our insecurities and refusal to acknowledge our faults can lead us to lose important relationships. 


I'm always okay with people leaving my life. It doesn't bring me disappointment or regret. Instead, it teaches me about human behavior and helps me grow as a person. 


The photo above is of me and Le'reyce. She suggested we draw mandalas, and I agreed. We set up everything but got distracted by our phones. We sat at the table, clueless about where to start. 


After drawing some circles, we were stumped. We shared a laugh, realizing we had no idea what to draw. My mandala ended up looking like a virus cell, and we couldn't stop laughing about it. 


We had moments of silence as we focused on our drawings, experiencing some creative blocks. I pointed out how ironic it was that something meant to be relaxing was causing us frustration. We laughed and walked away from the table.


Sometimes we believe we are making positive choices for ourselves, only to realize that we are not.


We may think we have found the perfect people to have around us, but in reality, they are not the right fit. Embracing openness and acceptance allows us to view these situations as valuable lessons rather than feeling sorry for ourselves or playing the victim. It's important to listen to our inner voice when it advises us to pause or move on, without feeling regret because ultimately, these were our decisions to make.


Have a great day. 


Comments

Popular Posts