Scared to step forward

 



Two days ago, I was supposed to go to my swimming class, but for some reason, I woke up with a very strong pain in my ankle. I couldn't walk on my left foot, so I had to postpone the lesson to the following day, which was yesterday. Part of me was wondering why my ankle was acting up.

Swimming was never something I thought I would be able to do. My fear of water always prevented me from even considering it. However, I met my friend Le'reyce and shared my fear with her. She suggested that we try it together.

Because I trust her, I decided to give it a shot. We started two years ago, and while I haven't been swimming a lot, I seize every opportunity that comes my way. So when my ankle started acting up the night before my class, I began thinking that perhaps my fear of taking a step forward into the unknown was manifesting in my foot.

This brings us to the connection between sudden physical pains and our emotional or mental states. It's important to understand how to deal with them. 

Regardless, I went to my swimming lesson and did as much as I could handle in the pool. Being in the water again felt great, and with Le'reyce's guidance, I gradually relaxed and felt more connected to the water.

Having a support group, whether it's family or friends, is a blessing, and I've been fortunate to have both. It's only when I ask for help and express my emotions that I receive the necessary support. So, I would advise not to suppress these challenging emotions. Instead, find a safe space and let those you trust help you through them.

Have a good day everyone. 

Comments

Popular Posts