Dancing under the water




   

Two of the best dives I've had since starting diving - safety is essential for feeling things fully and deeply. In those two dives, I felt safe and was able to let go of my fear of water because I trusted my buddy. The beauty of letting go!

We had two dives. The first one was a bit challenging, but my buddy was able to sort out the issue with my weight underwater. After the first ten minutes, everything started to feel better.

Underwater, my brain shut down, allowing me to fully feel my body and heart without the interference of thoughts - just clear feelings. As the water surrounded my body, I was able to reconnect with the sense of safety I had when I was in my mother's womb. No worries, no pain.

My diving buddy gave me that peace of mind, that I was safe and looked after, so I didn't need to worry about myself. That's something I would gladly accept anytime - the chance to rest and relax.

He would remind me whenever I started swimming faster, to slow down and focus on what I was feeling and seeing around me. That was a good reminder.

In the second dive, I turned upside-down and looked up to the sun from this underwater space. It was a liberating moment - I left the stiffness in my mind and body behind and reconnected with my adventurous self, dancing with the water as I turned around, up and down.

I'm still in that space of surrender and quietness I experienced underwater. Diving is one of the most meditative sports you can do, especially when you dive with someone you trust.

Have a great day!

Comments

Popular Posts