My Brownie



My Brownie, we met in 2013. Khaled called me after midnight, asking me to come quickly to a pub close by and bring the poisoning kit with me. I ran there in my pajamas and found this dog lying on the ground, panting but not seizing - she couldn't move. 


I did the test to know if she was poisoned, but no, she wasn't. Brownie spent the night at Khaled's room and slept deeply. I think she either had heat stroke or exhaustion, because the next morning she was okay.


Brownie didn't want to go out, so we gave her a shower and introduced her to the other members of the family. That went okay, not great, but I could work with it. I kept Brownie as an in-and-out dog for a while because of her wild nature - she is a hunter and a fighter, and I don't like taming that. I don't like dog training, and I love their nature. I don't like humanizing animals, if I may say that.


Brownie liked the house in the morning, and by the afternoon walk, she would run free, go around the area, and meet people because she loves people. After the busy evening, she'd come home to eat and sleep.


One day, Brownie was fighting with an outdoor dog that I was looking after, and she was injured, and she also caused injury to the other dog. So, after that, I started keeping Brownie inside all day and taking her out with us. She started to have some limitations, and that is because I, as a human, didn't want to have bad feelings, so I decided to limit her freedom. Not so good, but we are human after all.


Brownie didn't like the limitation, so she started running away whenever she had a chance. I started chasing her around, and I didn't like that. Every time she runs away, I say I'm going to leave this dog in the street and won't let her in again, and then I couldn't sleep until she is sleeping inside the house, so I had so many sleepless nights.


But that didn't matter as long as she was fine. Brownie was always a runner and a fighter, but now, after Gamilah died, she changed a lot. She is cuddlier, she is no longer interested in fights, and she is more relaxed. It feels like if her and Gamilah were not in sync.


I took this photo of us on the beach last week, chilling and cuddling. Brownie had so many crazy things that she's done and still does. She has lots of fans and lots of enemies of her kind, Hehe.


I love my Brownie.


Goodnight, everyone.

Comments

Popular Posts