I was attacked



On December 12, 2022, I was attacked by a maniac in the desert. It was a big fight that lasted about two minutes. I ended up with a broken nose, bruises everywhere, and I couldn't walk properly because I fell on my back. It took around two weeks to be able to move properly, and that’s just the physical part.


Psychologically, I’m still recovering. It was hard to be alone for a long time; I always needed someone with me. The fear that remained in me after this incident was overwhelming, and the feelings it left were not easy to handle.


That day, I had my nine dogs with me, but only Gamilah and Suki were beside me, trying to bite him. He wasn’t scared of the dogs. Those fearful moments left a silence in my heart and mind for so long. I couldn’t close my eyes or sleep for days because every time I tried to close my eyes, I saw him running toward me with a stick, and I’d open my eyes just before he hit me on the head.


I found myself resenting my dogs for not stopping him from attacking me, and it took time to heal from that. I went to the police station with my lawyer to file a report after visiting the hospital to check my head, as he had hit me multiple times with the stick and stones. At the police station they told me, "You beat him up, so just let it go." I refused and insisted that I wanted him caught. I met with the chief, who said, "Give me 48 hours, and I will have him here." Those 48 hours still haven’t ended.


Two days ago, one of my neighbors was attacked by someone in the desert. She called me for help, and I went to rescue her. I took her dog to her house, then took her to the hospital and ensured she did all the necessary tests. The hospital called the police, who then asked me to guide them through the desert. I went with them, but it was an unpleasant two hours. They were nasty, insulting the soldiers and people on the street, using vulgar language, and speaking loudly. But they found the places where people hide only because I guided them.


Anyway, my neighbor knew I was attacked two years ago, and they never caught the guy. But with her, they did, because she is German. They caught the guy the same day. She didn’t take me with her when they asked her to identify the criminal, which made me really mad. I texted the police officer to send me his photo or let me see him at the station, but he didn’t reply. Living in a country that doesn’t consider you as important as a foreigner is painful, and that’s why we leave.


When even the police, whose job is to protect citizens, are corrupt, there is no hope. I write this article with a heavy heart because I am sad—either because of my neighbor's selfishness or because of my country’s police carelessness. Sad, sad, sad.


I didn’t get my closure, and I will always be asking if it’s the same man who attacked me, if he’s behind bars, or if he’s still out there roaming around. Thanks to my neighbor and the police.




 

Comments

Popular Posts