Two new babies in our house

My baby Kefir & My baby Kombucha


 

Two more babies in the house, and I’m as excited and happy as a child! As you may have noticed, I’m focused on conscious eating from the Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) point of view, which aligns with my studies and something I deeply believe in and respect.


In this new journey of exploring fermentation, I will document the steps, effects, and progress because I believe that only through observation can one track progress and achievements.


My friend Kate and I were talking about Kefir, and I mentioned that I wanted some babies to start making my own at home. She said she’d ask her mother to bring us some, but next thing I knew, she called to tell me she found someone who is growing them and is willing to share a Kefir baby with us. He also offered us a Kombucha baby!


I received the two babies yesterday, along with instructions on how to care for them, and I’ve started my journey. This morning, my Kefir was super active because of the crazy temperatures we have at the moment, so I put it in the fridge to slow its growth a bit until I can get some raw milk to feed it. I also made a proper batch of black tea to start my Kombucha fermentation, and now it’s cooling down.


I’m thrilled with my conscious eating journey because it’s not only transforming the physical but also the mental and spiritual aspects of my life. When I wrote my article, “You Are What You Eat,” I meant every word.


From a TCM perspective, fermented beverages cool the body down, help eliminate stagnant energy, and support the Spleen Qi, Stomach Qi, and Blood Qi. Providing healthy bacteria to our gut aids' digestion, and Kefir and Kombucha are rich in probiotics, which support gut flora balance and prevent the growth of harmful bacteria in both the mouth and gut. They also improve our immune response, and some probiotic strains have been found to reduce symptoms of stress and anxiety.


The benefits are endless, but moderation is key to maintaining a healthy, balanced body. We must remember that moderation in everything is the guide to a happy, balanced life.


Time to go shopping for my new babies and give them bigger homes—so exciting!


Thanks Kate 


Have a great day, everyone.


Comments

Popular Posts